Here are the steps to configure Outlook 2000 :
- Launch Outlook 2000.
- From the main window, click on Tools >> Accounts. Under the "Mail" tab, click on the Add button.
- Enter your name as you would like it to appear on your emails. Click Next.
- Select I already have an email address that I'd like to use. Fill in the blank with your email address. Click Next.
Select POP3 as your incoming mailserver. (Choose IMAP if you prefer to use IMAP)
Incoming Mail Server: mail.yourdomain.com
Outgoing Mail Server: You may use your existing smtp outgoing server provided by your ISP, or if you prefer configure it to smtp.yourdomain.com
Fill in your username and password into the appropriate fields. Select "Remember password" if you do not want Outlook to prompt you for your password in the future.
- If you are connecting though the DSL select Connect using my local area network. If you are connecting though a dial-up connection select Connect using my phone line.
- You have now completed the email account wizard. Click Finish to save the changes.