How to apply for a free SSL Certificate using Let's Encrypt
Let's Encrypt is a certificate authority (CA) that allows you to create a free SSL certificate for your domain.
However, there are some prerequisites that need to be fulfilled before this can be used.
- The domain name must be valid. i.e. properly registered with domain name registrar and has not expired.
- The domain name must resolve to the IP address of the Plesk Server. E.g. 22.214.171.124
1. Login into your Plesk Control Manager and click on "Let's Encrypt".
2. Enter a valid email address to register for the SSL certificate. Click "Install" to proceed.
3. If everything goes well, you will see an Information box telling you that the SSL certificate for your domain is successfully created.
4. That's it! The SSL Certificate has already been installed for your domain. You can visit your website to view the install SSL Certificate.