Applies to :
- Plesk 10.x/11.x Windows
- Plesk 10.x/11.x Linux
To perform this task, you need to have :
- Plesk URL.
- Plesk username and password.
Most Internet Service Providers are now blocking outgoing connection to port 25 on their network in an attempt to help prevent direct to MX spamming, and abuse of open proxies and relays from their dialup and broadband customers. Thus, you will not able to use the standard outgoing port (25) while you are using their network.
The mail provider has to implement a workaround to help users to configure their email client in order to utilize your SMTP server. The solution by enabling a submission port (587) on your server.
1. Open plesk panel and login as "admin" user.
2. On the left panel, under Server Management, click Tools & Settings.
3. Go to Mail Server Settings, under Mail section.
4. Tick Enable message submission to enable the alternate outgoing port. Then click OK to apply the changes.