Setting up Outlook 2013
Modified on: Thu, 19 Sep, 2019 at 3:02 PM
Here are the steps to configure Outlook 2013 :
- Launch Outlook 2013.
- From the main window, click on "File".
- Click "Add Account" to add new account in Outlook 2013.
- Select "Manual setup or additional server types" option, then click "Next >".
- Choose "POP or IMAP" then click "Next >".
You will be prompted to enter your Internet E-mail settings such as incoming server, outgoing server, account type and authentication settings (All input on this article is only example).
The configuration will be split into two different settings, POP3 and IMAP.
Enter all the necessary information to add your email account.
- Your Name: enter your name in this field
- Email address: enter your full email address. e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Account Type: choose between POP3 and IMAP
- Incoming mail server: enter your incoming mail server. e.g. mail.domain.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): enter your incoming mail server. e.g. smtp.domain.com
- User Name: enter your full email address. e.g. email@example.com
- Password: enter your email password
Click on "More Settings" to continue.
- Go to "Outgoing Server" tab, then enable "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication".
Choose "Use same settings as my incoming mail server".
- Click "OK" to close this dialog box, followed by "Next" and Outlook will test your settings to see if they are correct.
- Click "Finish" and you have successfully added your email account.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.